Welcome to Week 11 of the Summer 2019 Season!
Ground beef sale! We are selling ground beef for one more week for $6.25 per pound, a savings of $1.25 per pound.
This week's shares
This week's shares may include some of the following items: bunching onions, basil, corn, chives, eggplants, green peppers, green and red leaf lettuce, ground cherries, romaine lettuce, hot banana peppers, shallots, sweet banana peppers, storage onions, sweet onion, swiss chard, tomatoes, roma tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, watermelon and zucchini.
Check out the bulk items - roma tomatoes and spanish onions.
Custom share items can be selected here - for those who have the custom share season plan.
If you have any issues with your share, please contact John Egan (via email or 440-749-6137); we will correct this. We have been working to catch up on some credits that are owed and we thank you for your patience. Busy season! A note about vacation holds: you may do this either through adding a note to an order, or by emailing John directly.
John Egan and Constance Hendrick and the farmers and families of Geauga Family Farms
In the Recipe Box...
Bon Appetit's Best Eggplant Parmesan
Eggplant and Assembly
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 head of garlic, cloves crushed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets (optional)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 28-ounce cans whole peeled tomatoes
- ¼ cup torn basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 4 pounds Italian eggplants (about 4 medium), peeled, sliced lengthwise ½–¾ inch thick
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups finely grated Parmesan, divided
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 5 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1⅓ cups olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped basil and parsley, plus basil leaves for serving
- 6 ounces low-moisture mozzarella, grated (about 1⅓ cups)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
Rest of recipe on Bon Appetit...
"Ripe for riffs, the salad is also delicious with cheese-filled tortillini."
Farmers' Market Pasta Salad
2 cups halved baby heirloom tomatoes
Rest of recipe on Myrecipes.com...
2 small zucchini, thinly sliced into half moons
1 small red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
1 cup fresh corn kernels
1 cup diced firm, ripe fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
Parmesan Vinaigrette (recipe in link)
1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta
2 cups shredded smoked chicken (about 10 oz.)
1/3 cup torn fresh basil
1/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
Website ordering tips...
When making a selection from drop down menus (such as pickup location), please make a selection from the dropdown rather than trying to type in your location.
To indicate a vacation hold or to convey other messages, you can enter information in a "note" section during website checkout: