Hello church family,
As I’m sure you are aware, we are living in interesting, rapidly changing times. Hour by hour, we are watching the spread of the COVID-19 virus and the response to this pandemic. Events are being cancelled and government officials are making recommendations and instituting emergency protocol. This can be confusing and even frightening. There is uncertainty in how long this may last but we want to assure you that we have given prayerful thought to our response.
I want to take a few minutes to both encourage you and to let you know what we are doing at Grace Community Church.
To begin, let me encourage you to do a couple of things.
First, don’t panic and don’t fear. It is times like this that remind us that our confidence and peace come from the fact that God is our sure foundation. He is in control. He is walking with us through this and is at work. Our confidence in Him will stand in stark contrast to those in the world who do not have this faith. Let’s continue to look to Him and call on Him in prayer.
Secondly, let’s pray that God will uses us to serve others as we see needs and opportunities to offer the hope that only Jesus offers. We can be salt and light in this world and can be a shining example of what is looks like to have trust in God while others fear.
Pray that God will use us as we walk through these days with our eyes on, and our hope in, Him.
Regarding our services and ministry schedules…
For now, we will be meeting on Sunday Mornings as usual with Sunday School at 9am and Worship at 10am. Naturally, if you are in an at-risk group because of age, respiratory compromise or other health concerns, please use your judgment on attending. And if you are sick, please be considerate of others by not exposing them and staying home. If you are able, please consider offering to serve as we may have other volunteers unavailable.
- We have reminded our cleaning crews to be diligent in cleaning including disinfecting hard surfaces (i.e., tables).
- As we already do, we will continue to disinfect toys in the children area.
- We will have a limited supply of hand sanitizer bottles placed at the Welcome Center, Children Check-in Desk, Coffee Bar, and Auditorium entrances but please bring your own sanitizer if you like as supplies are limited.
- We will skip our ‘greeting time’ and make other adjustments to limit any potential exposure (i.e., offering, doors, etc.)
- Please be considerate of others.
- When it comes to other ministries, we are cancelling Wednesday night activities and AWANA on Sunday nights for the rest of the month of March. This is, in part, due to the meal we share but also to coincide with the Smithville Schools Spring Break.
Finally, should anything change, we will communicate those changes to you as best we can.
- We will seek to be aware of any needs that arise in the church through our Elders and Deacons.
- Please help us do this by relaying needs you see to us.
- Remember that we have online resources (i.e., sermon audio, on-line giving). Please go to our website (www.gccsmithville.org) and, if you haven’t yet done it, download the Church Center app from your app store for online giving.
- Also, watch our facebook page, follow us on Twitter @gccsmv and, if you haven’t already done it, be sure sign up for text alerts.
- We are looking for ways to share video of Sunday sermons for those who cannot join us.
Please pray for us as we continue to monitor this situation and make wise decisions. Should any of this change, we will be sure to let you know.
From Grace with love,
Show proper respect for everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.
1 Peter 2:17