Corrected to fix link to zoom meeting URL link near bottom.
And so it begins - local gun-control, brought to you by the Virginia Democrat Party.
We need to be a unified team as we start to fight back against the more tyrannical localities in Virginia.
This coming Tuesday, June 9th, the City of Alexandria is going to vote on a gun-control ordinance that will be effective on July 1, if passed. Basically, they plan on passing every single bit of gun control the new state law allows and make it effective on the first day allowed.
With no exceptions for anyone but military on official duty, sworn police officers, historical re-enactors, certain higher education classes, and City security personnel, the ordinance will ban the possession of firearms, ammunition, or any combination thereof in:
CHP holders are NOT exempted. A violation is a Class 1 misdemeanor.
- Buildings, or parts thereof, that are owned or used by the City
- City Parks
- City Recreational or community centers
- Permitted events and any adjacent streets in the City
To see the actual proposed ordinance, click here.
We need to bombard Alexandria City Council with messages opposing this atrocity. If you live in Alexandria, you need to contact your City Council member by phone, too.
- Click here to send a message to City Council.
- Select "All members"
- Select "Legislative or Policy Issues"
- Select "Yes" for "Is your request related to the upcoming public hearing or Council meeting?"
- Under "Additional Information" put your comments about opposing docket item number 30, "Prohibitions of Firearms on City Property."
- Click the "Next" button
- Fill in your first name, last name, email address, and phone number
- Click the "Next" button to send
For those living in the City, here is the main phone number for City Council: 703.746.4550
The meeting will start at 6 pm on June 9th and is being held online only. You can join the meeting by clicking on the URL below:
You will be asked to register to join the meeting when you click the URL.
If you wish to address City Council, you must register to do so by June 8. Click here to register to speak on docket item number 30.
Thanks to VCDL's Watch Team for Local Government team leader for Alexandria, B. Sheaffer, and his crew!