The Sunflower Communicator
July 21, 2022
Keeping the Sunflower Community informed with the latest news and announcements.
Good Evening <<First Name>>
- Pool, Spa and Fitness Center
- Committee Volunteers Needed
- Activities Committee
- Social Club
- Tech Club
- Fitness Club
- Sunflower Choral
- Sunflower Neighbors
- Veterans Club
- Club Expo
- Craft Fair
1. POOL, SPA and FITNESS CENTER: Please be aware of inclement weather while using the pool and spa. If you hear thunder or see lighting that is close, please exit the pool and deck area.
2. COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: The Activities, ARC and PRAC are all in need of committee volunteers. We encourage you to join a meeting. All committee meetings are open to homeowners. The dates are posted in the Suncatcher calendar and posted at the center.
3. ACTIVITIES COMMITTEE
- Water Volleyball every Thursday, 5:30 – 7:30 pm in the pool, of course. This is for fun and fellowship, although heavier competition can be available during the second hour. Come on out and make a splash! Watch the weather on Thursdays as last week, water volleyball had to be cancelled last minute. The committee is sorry about that, but it was sunny at 4:30 and thunder and lightning appeared at 5:00. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Crazy Rhythm plays on Fridays, from 6:00 -7:30 pm in the Fiesta room. Come relax & reminisce to the sounds of Jazz, Latin, Big Band & more presented by: Paul Mowatt, Allen Fannin, Bill Christie, Martin Rodriguez, and Dan Fisher. Watch for the red shoes!
- Committee meets Thursday, August 4th, at 9:30 am in the Conference Room. All are welcome. Come join us a few times and see what we are all about. This committee is looking for new members, especially those who are good organizers, have computer skills, and can coordinate an event from start to finish with support. We are a busy committee with multiple things going on at one time.
- No Pool Party on Tuesday, August 2ed. Pool party will be held in September.
- At last week's Life Enrichment program, Forensics Linguistics, a number of attendees asked for more information. Our speaker has since shared the following links for you to enjoy. If some links do not open, do not call the Activities Committee -- just let it go.
4. PRIMAVERA: With the incredibly hot weather, Primavera is currently in need of bulk containers of Gatorade. Also, they need new, refillable sports-type bottles, cases of bottled water and bandanas. As always, keep those empty prescription bottles and travel-sized toiletries coming too! You can also make a monetary donation at primavera.org and click on “Give Now.” Thanks for all your donations.
5. SOCIAL CLUB: Tickets for August 20th's "Italian Night" will be on sale Thursday, July 28th, from 10:00 to Noon. We will be serving a spaghetti and meatball dinner. The entertainment for the night will be line dancers. Tickets are $10. In not a member there will be an additional $5 to join.
6. POTLUCK: Wild West Potluck will be August 11th. Ticket sales will be August 1st from 1-3pm and again on Friday Aug 4th from 10am to 12pm. Cannot make those dates call Sharyn Fincher at 520-665-8830. Come join the fun and great food.
7. TECHNOLOGY CLUB: Please note the Sun Catcher had an incorrect listing of a gathering in the Tech Lab July 24. Please disregard.
8. FITNESS CLUB: When you return a borrowed noodle or water weights to The Fitness Club storage bin at the pool, will you please make sure the doors are shut correctly and tight. We are getting some unwanted critters! Thank you! Sue Uden.
9. SUNFLOWER CHORAL: Sunflower Chorale IS BACK and preparing for performances in Nov. and Dec. We are working on Christmas/Holiday music and some patriotic music. BRING YOUR JOYFUL VOICE and join us. NO AUDITION REQUIRED. WE ESPECIALLY NEED MALE SINGERS. NEXT REHEARSAL (Fiesta Room): Fri., July 29th @ 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. AUGUST REHEARSALS: Fri., Aug 12th @ 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. Mon., Aug 29th @ 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.
10. ELECTION-2022: Great News!!!! We now have 4 Candidate Applications. We still need a minimum of one more, however our goal would be several more. Looking back at last year's Election we started with seven and ended up with only four. We do not want a repeat. Please step up and get your application in. Ladies, Where Are You? I have spoken to many intelligent, articulate women in this Community from all occupations who would more than qualify for being on the Board. We also have a voice. Please consider stepping up.
11. SUNFLOWER NEIGHBORS: Sunflower Neighbors is a group of volunteers who donate time and transportation to other Sunflower residents. Rides are provided to doctors, dentists, and other medical appointments. This service is intended to be a resource of last resort for those who are unable to drive or are having a procedure where driving oneself would be unsafe.
To request a ride, send a message to this email address: email@example.com. In the subject line write “ride.” We need a four-day notice to arrange for an available driver. In your email write the details with your appointment including the day and time plus your name and phone number. If you are unable to send an email call 520-304-4812 and leave a message. If you would like to volunteer to drive our neighbors, please send an email with your information.
12. VETERANS CLUB: Patriots Pantry: Southern AZ Veterans Administration Health Care System (SAVAHCS) nutrition center current list of needed grocery items. Canned Vegetables, any variety. Canned Chicken. Canned Fruit in natural juices or water packed. Individual cups canned fruits Please place items in the Patriots Pantry Basket in the Village Center. Other nonperishable items are welcome as well. Thanks.
13. CLUB EXPO: Hello all Sunflower clubs and groups! Sunflower is debating on having another Club Expo Nov. 12, 2022. In the past, the Expo has had a great turn out, with both new and existing residents attending to view all the different activities offered at Sunflower. Each club or group would be responsible for staffing their own table and decorating/advertising the club/group at the Expo. The Activities Committee will no longer oversee the Expo, I will be the coordinator. If your club or group would like to participate in the Expo, please let me know. Depending on the interest shown, we will either go forward with the Expo or cancel the Expo this year. Please send me your groups interest by July 22nd (new and extended date!)
14. CRAFT FAIR: is scheduled in the Sunflower Community Center for the following dates: Thursday, November 3 for set up 5 pm - 8 pm; Friday, November 4th, 8 am - 4 pm, with selling time 9 am - 3 pm; and Saturday November 5th 8am - 4 pm, selling time 9 am - 3 pm. Clean up and tear down is from 3 pm - 5 pm. Registration forms will be available on July 15th. There will be food trucks on Friday and Saturday. The Quilt Club is sponsoring, and the Committee is called Quilter's and Friends. If you would like to help, make this event happen, please contact Pat Blazick-Peterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Dry wall repairs under the mirrors in the fitness room have started. The contractor will be here Friday, July 22, to paint the wall under the mirrors between 8am-9am and the paint will need a little bit of extra time to dry due to the air temperature in the fitness center. Please use caution near this area.
Please do not reply to this email.
You may send comments or questions