Greetings Oregon and SW Washington Pastoral Musicians,
Blessings to each of you as we begin the month of December. I hope this e-mail finds you doing well. In the December 2021 NPM Portland Oregon e-newsletter, please read more about
On Thursday afternoon, December 2, your NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Core Team met on a ZOOM call. The discussion included Core Team limits and future transitions of several team members. A special ‘Thank You’ to Mary DeCamillo who has served our local chapter as the OCP Liaison for the past year. The Core Team wished Mary well in her new endeavors.
- Workshop Registration open in January! Saturday, January 22, 2022 from 9:30 am to 12 noon and guest presenter Fr. Michael Driscoll. This is a hybrid event (in-person and virtual). More information later in this newsletter.
- Calendar of local Chapter Events in 2022
- Continuing Education opportunities
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) Membership and local Portland Oregon Chapter support
- Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon Career/Job Opportunities
- NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Core Team transitions and open positions
Below is the roster of current Core Team positions and the openings. I invite all of you receiving this newsletter to prayerfully recommend colleagues or yourself for service in a leadership role on the NPM Portland Oregon Core Team. Please contact me with your recommendation by December 31, 2021. New Core Team members would begin on January 1, 2022 and a 6-month mentorship with the current Core Team member.
As always, please contact myself or one of the NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Core Team (listed below) for ministry support, and your event ideas and topic suggestions.
Blessings to you and your parish music ministry.
Peace and Blessings,
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Director
503-639-4773 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Your NPM (Portland) Oregon Chapter Executive Core Team: current positions and openings
Chapter Director: (open); Agnes Zueger (current)
Recording Secretary: Michael Pace and Nichlas Schaal
Treasurer: Wendy Hein
Communications Coordinator (Website, Social Media and Technology): Ken Willett
Prayer Coordinator: Barbara Bridge
Program Coordinator: Laurel Freeborg and Michael Prendergast
Membership Coordinator: George Arrigotti with Virgil Funk (current) president-emeritus of NPM
OCP Liaison: (open); Mary DiCamillo (outgoing; Thank you!)
Cultural Outreach and Inclusivity Coordinator (new position): Hector Mendoza
Newsletter Editor: (open); Agnes Zueger (current)
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Events 2022
for skill building, prayer and reflection.
Do you have a topic of interest for a Chapter event? Please contact a member of the NPM Chapter Core Team with your suggestions.
Please extend an invitation to all of the pastoral musicians, clergy and parish staff in your parish to attend. All are welcome.
Thursday afternoon, January 13, 2022
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Core Team Meeting
Date and Time: Jan 13, 2022 04:00 to 5:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Phone Dial-In Information
+1 971 247 1195 US (Portland)
Meeting ID: 977 0951 1560
Sunday afternoon, February 20, 2022 a networking and social event for all pastoral musicians. Time and location to be determined. Could you and your parish music ministry host this event?
Saturday, April 30 2022 ‘in-person’ event with Janet Sullivan Whitaker.
Topic: to be announced.
Janet would like to schedule at two to three concerts at different parishes during her visit to Portland. Would your parish like to host a concert? Please contact Agnes Z, Laurel R or Michael P at PortlandOR@npm.org (the NPM Portland Oregon Chapter address). Learn more about Janet on the OCP website at https://www.ocp.org/en-us/artists/3315/janet-sullivan-whitaker
Time and Location to be determined.
National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) https://npm.org check out the national website for Fall events and formation opportunities, such as “The Essentials of Catholic Liturgy”
, an event in partnership with Liturgy Training Publications https://ltp.org
- In partnership with the National Association of Pastoral Musicians, Liturgy Training Publications offers The Essentials of Catholic Liturgy—a series of three foundational courses to assist pastoral staff and ministers to gain a greater understanding of the liturgy.
- For new pastoral ministers and staff, these courses provide a critical foundation of the Catholic Liturgy, helping them find new confidence in their roles.
- Track 1: The Basic of Liturgy, Fall 2021 (Virtual; ended)
- Track 2: Sacramental Rites and Other Parish Liturgies, Fall 2021 (Virtual) from November 8 - December 13 | 8 to 9:30 PM ET
- Track 3: Liturgy, Life and discipleship, Winter 2022 (Virtual) from January 24 - February 28 | 8 - 9:30 pm ET
- Visit www.teocl.org for more information and registration.
NPM National Membership and Local Pastoral Musicians
Are you a member of NPM? The national NPM office is pleased to offer the opportunity for new members to join at the Basic Level for $39.00 and receive 15 months of membership instead of the usual 12 months
. This introductory offer translates to a 25% savings! Please know the Portland Oregon Chapter will still receive a 15% rebate on the full price of membership. (This offer will be available for a limited time only
and all details will be communicated to recipients from the national office). Go to https://npm.org/membership/ to join or renew your membership with the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) at the Standard or Premium level.
And, continue to support your local Chapter. Please know the Portland Oregon Chapter will receive a 15% rebate on the full price of membership.
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Contact Information and Annual Update is July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. The Chapter Core Team encourages you to complete the form located on the NPM Portland website; or, click or copy & paste on the following link http://npmportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/NPM-Portland-Oregon-Membership-Form-2021.pdf (NPM Portland Oregon Membership Form 2021). Your annual donation - individual or Parish - sustains the Chapter and funds all local events. There are two levels:
- An individual membership/per calendar year of $35.00 (recommended for a Pastor, Director of Music Ministries, assistant directors, accompanists, or any other member of a parish music ministry); or,
- A parish music ministry membership/per calendar year of $100.00 (recommended for every member of the parish music ministry as well as choir members, cantors, instrumentalists).
What do you receive with your local membership? The monthly digital newsletter, announcement of local events and member discounts at Chapter events. Your membership provides the treasury with funds for education and training opportunities for all local pastoral musicians. Please note: The local NPM Portland Oregon Chapter membership is separate from the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) membership.
St. Therese of the Child Jesus Church in Portland is looking for Mass music ministers who are skilled in violin or flute and willing to collaborate with our shared music ministry team for the following schedules:
- 12/24 – Christmas Carols from 3:30 to 4:00 p.m. and Mass from 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m
- 12/24 – Christmas Carols from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Mass from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 12/25 – Christmas carols from 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and Mass from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Please also let us know if you are available to provide music support for our weekly Masses at the Saturday Vigil Mass at 5:00 p.m. and/or Sunday Mass at 10:00 a.m. Kindly visit our website at stthereseor.org to know more about our Parish. Kindly email email@example.com or call 503-256-5850 ext. 204 if you have any questions or are interested in joining our shared music ministry. Thank you! (November 29, 2021)
|Submit future information for this newsletter by December 26 for the January 2022 e-newsletter. Thank you!