Greetings Oregon and SW Washington Pastoral Musicians,
Blessings to each of you as we begin the month of November. I hope this newsletter finds you well.
In the November 2021 NPM Portland Oregon Chapter e-newsletter,
As always, please contact myself or one of the NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Core Team (listed below) for ministry support, and your event ideas and topic suggestions.
- Register today! Saturday, November 13 from 9 am to 11 am and learn from OCP Staff 'What's New in 2022 - Digital and Print Resources'. A free, virtual event via ZOOM. Registration link and more information later in this newsletter.
- Calendar of local Chapter Events in 2022
- Continuing Education opportunities
- National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) National Membership and local Portland Oregon Chapter support
- Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon Career/Job Opportunities
Blessings to you and your parish music ministry.
Peace and Blessings,
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Director
503-639-4773 | email@example.com
Your NPM (Portland) Oregon Chapter Executive Core Team: current positions and openings
Chapter Director: (open); Agnes Zueger (current)
Recording Secretary: Michael Pace and Nichlas Schaal
Treasurer: Wendy Hein
Communications Coordinator (Website, Social Media and Technology): Ken Willett
Prayer Coordinator: Barbara Bridge
Program Coordinator: Laurel Freeborg and Michael Prendergast
Membership Coordinator: George Arrigotti with Virgil Funk (current) president-emeritus of NPM
OCP Liaison: Mary DiCamillo
Cultural Outreach and Inclusivity Coordinator (new position): Hector Mendoza
Newsletter Editor: (open); Agnes Zueger (current)
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Events 2021-2022 for skill building, prayer and reflection.
Please extend an invitation to all of the pastoral musicians, clergy and parish staff in your parish to attend. All are welcome.
REGISTER TODAY! Saturday, November 13, 2021 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM entitled “OCP Digital and Print Resources - What’s New in 2022: English and Spanish resources”.
- A panel of OCP staff: Mary DiCamillo, Regional Parish Services Manager, Angela Westhoff-Johnson, Dr. Glenn Byer and Jay Branham.
- The session will open at 8:55 AM, and, the Event will begin at 9:00 AM Pacific Time
- Join ZOOM meeting: Register in advance for this meeting (click on the following link or copy and paste the link): https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81811499980 After registering, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing information to join the meeting. Meeting ID: 818 1149 9980
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,81811499980# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,81811499980# US (Tacoma)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 818 1149 9980
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/ksISUsabc
New events in 2022!
February 2022 presentation entitled "All are Welcome at the Table” by Diana Macalintal and Nick Wagner. Possible hybrid meeting (in-person and ZOOM). More information to follow in the future.
NEW: Saturday, April 30 2022 ‘in-person’ event with Janet Sullivan Whitaker. Topic: to be announced. Janet would like to schedule at two to three concerts at different parishes during her visit to Portland. Would your parish like to host a concert? Please contact Agnes Z, Laurel F or Michael P at PortlandOR@npm.org (the NPM Portland Oregon Chapter address). Learn more about Janet on the OCP website at https://www.ocp.org/en-us/artists/3315/janet-sullivan-whitaker
National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) https://npm.org check out the national website for Fall events and formation opportunities, such as
“The Essentials of Catholic Liturgy”, an event in partnership with Liturgy Training Publications https://ltp.org
NEW THIS Year: Bonus for NPM Members
- In partnership with the National Association of Pastoral Musicians, Liturgy Training Publications offers The Essentials of Catholic Liturgy—a series of three foundational courses to assist pastoral staff and ministers to gain a greater understanding of the liturgy.
- For new pastoral ministers and staff, these courses provide a critical foundation of the Catholic Liturgy, helping them find new confidence in their roles.
- Track 1: The Basic of Liturgy, Fall 2021 (Virtual, ended)
- Track 2: Sacramental Rites and Other Parish Liturgies, Fall 2021 (Virtual) from November 8 - December 13 | 8 to 9:30 PM ET
- Track 3: Liturgy, Life and discipleship, Winter 2022 (Virtual) from January 24 - February 28 | 8 - 9:30 pm ET
- Visit www.teocl.org for more information and registration.
NPM Standard and Premium members who register for Track One: The Basic of Liturgy (see above) will have access to Preparing Music for Sacramental Liturgies, a bonus seventh session specifically on music and the liturgy.
To ensure registration for this bonus session, visit www.ltp.org/s/NPM or call 800-933-1800 and confirm your status as an NPM member with our customer support team.
A Virtual Retreat For Cantors: In the Midst of Our Storms | November 9, 10, and 11 at 7:30 pm ET
A three-part retreat lead by Roc O'Connor
Register at Liturgical Training Publications https://ltp.org/products/details/VWCR2/in-the-midst-of-our-storms
NPM National Membership and Local Pastoral Musicians
Are you a member of NPM? The national NPM office is pleased to offer the opportunity for new members to join at the Basic Level for $39.00 and receive 15 months of membership instead of the usual 12 months. This introductory offer translates to a 25% savings! Please know the Portland Oregon Chapter will still receive a 15% rebate on the full price of membership. (This offer will be available for a limited time only and all details will be communicated to recipients from the national office).
Go to https://npm.org/membership/ to join or renew your membership with the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) at the Standard or Premium level. And, continue to support your local Chapter. Please know the Portland Oregon Chapter will receive a 15% rebate on the full price of membership.
NPM Portland Oregon Chapter Contact Information and Annual Update is July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. The Chapter Core Team encourages you to complete the form located on the NPM Portland website; or, click or copy & paste on the following link http://npmportland.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/NPM-Portland-Oregon-Membership-Form-2021.pdf (NPM Portland Oregon Membership Form 2021). Your annual donation - individual or Parish - sustains the Chapter and funds all local events. There are two levels:
What do you receive with your local membership? The monthly digital newsletter, announcement of local events and member discounts at Chapter events. Your membership provides the treasury with funds for education and training opportunities for all local pastoral musicians. Please note: The local NPM Portland Oregon Chapter membership is separate from the National Association of Pastoral Musicians (NPM) membership.
- An individual membership/per calendar year of $35.00 (recommended for a Pastor, Director of Music Ministries, assistant directors, accompanists, or any other member of a parish music ministry); or,
- A parish music ministry membership/per calendar year of $100.00 (recommended for every member of the parish music ministry as well as choir members, cantors, instrumentalists).
St. Therese of the Child Jesus Catholic Church, Portland seeks two or three Music Ministers who will provide the music on a regular monthly rotation schedule for Sunday Masses. The Music Minister works independently with a small ensemble responsible for specific Masses in collaboration with the Liturgy and Faith Formation Coordinator and reports directly to the Fr. Steve Geer, Pastor. Contact Stella Armstrong, D.A., Liturgy and Faith Formation Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-256-5850, ext. 204. Visit the parish website at www.stthereseor.org. (January 22, 2021)
See the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon website for career/job opportunities: https://archdpdx.org/jobs
|Submit future information for this newsletter by November 26 for the December 2021 e-newsletter. Thank you!