Dear coalition members,
I hope everyone is doing well. Below is a compilation of recent news, educational opportunities, and resources for adult vaccination. If you have an additional news, an educational opportunity, or resource you'd like to see on this list, or if you have a question, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, don't forget to register for the 27th Annual Massachusetts Adult Immunization Conference! This all-day event will be held virtually on Tuesday, April 5, 2022. Registration and conference information can be found here.
Looking for a back issue of these emails? These emails are being archived on the NEW Massachusetts Adult Immunization Coalition Website.
MDPH Weekly Influenza Update - 3/21/2022
Please click HERE to access the report.
Please clinic HERE to access previous reports from the 2021 - 2022 Flu Season
MPDH Weekly COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Update - 3/17/2022
Please click HERE to access the weekly update
Please clinic HERE to access previous COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Updates
Title: Medscape Educational Webinars
Sequiris is now offering a CME presentation around vaccines. It’s a three part presentation:
Together there is 1.25 CMEs available. They are a Medscape Educational Webinar.
Please go on Medscape
if you wish to access these recordings.
Title: How You Can Become A Vaccine Champion: Strategies to Improve Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines
Wednesday, March 23, 2022, 12PM ET - 1 PM ET
Friday, April 29, 2022, 12 PM ET - 1 PM ET
The Massachusetts Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics and the Department of Public Health invite organizations and providers working with families with young children to a virtual meeting to discuss strategies to improve confidence in COVID-19 vaccines. We will discuss evidence-based strategies, including motivational interviewing, to support participants to improve COVID-19 vaccine conversations with families. The meeting will include time for questions and discussion. Simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and Portuguese will be available.
Two dates are offered for your convenience:
- Wednesday, March 23 from 12-1pm
- Friday, April 29 from 12-1pm
Please contact Katie Stetler (email@example.com
) with any questions.
Title: Immunization Webinar Series
Join the Missouri University Sinclair School of Nursing and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services for a webinar series held on the 3rd Thursday of the month from February - July. Information for all webinars ccan be found below.
Title: Do it for the People You Love – Adult Vaccination
Dates: Please find below
The purpose of this series is to update health care workers’ knowledge regarding immunization practices and vaccine recommendations based on national guidelines and the latest evidence guiding practice. The target audience is all health care providers, immunization providers, clinic staff and health care students wishing to learn more about immunizations.
- Learners will self-report an increase in knowledge of evidence behind the current recommendations regarding immunization best practices.
- Learners will self-report an increase in confidence when discussing current recommendations and best practices regarding immunizations.
Future Webinar Schedule
Childhood Immunizations: A Victim of Success - Ellen Chiocca, PhD, CPNP, APRN; Tammy Rood, APN, DNP
Travel Vaccines: Know Before You Go! - Wilbur Chen, MD, MS, FACP, FIDSA
The Effects of Vaccines on Populations: Measles, Flu, and COVID-19 - Valerie Bader, PhD, APRN
Please find below two new resources from ACOG encouraging COVID-19 vaccination for pregnant patients, both of which were developed as part of cooperative agreements with the CDC.
- ACOG’s first-ever video PSA encouraging all people who are pregnant, thinking about becoming pregnant, and lactating to get vaccinated against COVID-19. This PSA is designed to work on multiple platforms including TV, radio, social media, and websites. You can find the PSA here: www.acog.org/covidvaccine and on ACOG’s Twitter page: @ACOG
- COVID-19 Patient Education Video which can be shared on clinician websites and via social media. We hope that this resource helps to support clinicians and partners in counseling their patients to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Get Your Recommended COVID-19 Vaccine During Pregnancy | ACOG
Link to most recent Immunization MMWRs
to view all recent MMWRs!