Dear <<First Name>>,
MDC Summer Social Success
The Madison Democratic Committee Summer Social on July 21 was a huge success—find this Facebook post
Affordable Housing Hearing
A public scoping hearing will be held on Aug. 12, 5pm at Hartley Dodge on the 2 acres adjacent to the MRC designated for 40 units of affordable housing in Madison.
Click for details and how to comment here.
Rachel Ehrlich Blogpost
Click here for Rachel’s Blog on affordable housing.
Canvassing to Begin
Watch your inbox for sign-up emails to join neighborhood canvassing for our Borough Council candidates.
Candidate Statements Posted
See our Mayoral and Borough Council Candidate statements
on the MDC Website. Forward to your friends!
Fall MDC Picnic Sept. 8
Watch your inbox for details, times, and location.
How You Can Help
Forward this email to friends and encourage them to sign up for our emails
-- let’s spread the word!
! Help us continue our successful and optimistic Democratic leadership. Let’s get Mayor Conley and Councilwoman Maureen Byrne re-elected and Council candidate Rachel Ehrlich elected! Donate here
through our new ActBlue account.
Madison Community Highlights
Atlantic Health Rehab opens at Giralda Farms
The Morristown Mt. Kemble Rehab facility has relocated to Madison.
Senior Citizen Advisory Committee (SCAC)
Gardening, pruning, and mulching projects at Rexford-Tucker as well as securing a computer for public internet access use.
Pickleball and Badminton programs enjoying success.
Downtown Development Commission
Farmer’s Market (Thurs. 2-7pm on Central Ave) and METC Downtown Concert Series (Fri. 6pm at Museum of Early Trades and Crafts) are huge repeat successes!
Bottle Hill Day
(Sat. Oct. 5) registration/sponsorship packets are available.
The August DDC meeting has been cancelled.
Chamber of Commerce
Museum of Early Trades and Crafts
- August Sidewalk Sales Wed. Aug. 22- Sat. Aug. 24.
- Restaurant Week Sat. Oct. 5 – Sun. Oct. 13.
- 2019 holiday ornament design is of the Museum of Early Trades & Crafts.
A Disaster Preparedness Plan is being formulated with staff training in CPR through the Madison Ambulance Corp. New boiler installation: Special thanks to the building department, Public Works, and Bob Vogel.
Madison Arts and Culture Alliance (MACA)
MACA added 5 members to its expanded Board and elected new officers.
Madison Community Arts Center
fall fundraiser at Junior School on Sat, Sept. 21, 8pm. Featuring: Jerry Vezza, David Delavan, Cara Cooper, Tom Sellwood and Broadway legend Gay Willis. Tickets go on sale soon.
Recreation Advisory Committee
- Madison’s Spotlight Kids production of The Addams Family, Aug. 1-4.
- Healthy Italia White Event Sat. Sept. 7.
- Children’s Theatre: Gracie the Pirate, Thur. Nov. 7 at 11am and 1:30pm.
- THE FLIP SIDE improvisational troupe, Sat. Nov. 9 at 8pm..
- Holiday Pottery exhibit, Dec. 12-15.
- Revised user fees coming soon.
- Registration for fall programs begins Mon. Aug. 5.
- NJSIAA Field Hockey Sat, Aug. 24 at MRC fields. MHS teams will participate.
- Grass fields improved throughout borough in spite of heavy May rainfall. The rest and rotate plan is working to preserve our fields.
Fitness crawl planning underway for Sept/Early Oct.
Thank you for your continued support of the MDC, our candidates and everything that makes Madison a great place to live.
-- The Madison Democratic Committee