What's up on campus
Bikes on the Brickyard
NC State Brickyard, Thursday, August 25 from 11am-2pm
Get a free bike safety check-up and register your bike when you roll on over to Bikes on the Brickyard! Chat with NC State's bicycle community, get free bike swag, and kick off the new semester on the "right pedal."
New scooter alert! Spin is the new micromobility provider on campus and will bring 300 e-scooters and 50 e-bikes to NC State this fall. They're also partnering with NC State on micromobility research.
Wolfpack Welcome Week Events
NC State Transportation representatives can answer all your transportation questions, plus be sure to nab some fresh swag (water bottles, fanny packs, and more!).
We will also be tabling at Talley during the first week of class. Come see us!
- RecFest - Wellness & Recreation's festival to kick off the year! (at Miller Field, Sunday 8/21, 6:30-8:30pm)
- Packapalooza - we'll be in the Green Zone at this annual WWW celebration (off Founders Dr., Saturday 8/27, 2-7pm)
New permits now active
Thanks to all carpoolers for sharing the ride! Student carpool permits are active 8/1/22-12/31/22. Employee carpool permits are active 7/1/22-6/30/23. Where can you park? Check the new carpool zone map.
Student carpool applications will open again in November for the Spring '23 permits. Stay tuned.
Fall schedules will be active beginning August 22. Some changes:
Wolfline Fall 2022 Schedules
- Faster travel time between Main/Centennial campus on route 40.
- Faucette Dr. and Morrill Dr. southbound will be impacted by Power Forward construction, so rerouting is in effect for routes 20, 40, 41, and 52.
- Route 50 now serves North Campus.
- Late night service ends at 11:45 on weekdays and midnight on weekends.
- More frequent, faster service on Park & Ride routes 20 and 60.
Regional Bus Service
As a reminder, GoRaleigh and GoTriangle fares are suspended through June 2023. Check out the following regional updates:
Labor Day Bus Service
Labor Day 2022 is Monday, September 5.
- GoRaleigh will be using Sunday schedule for routes 11, 11L, and 12. Route 4 will operate as normal.
- GoTriangle will be using Sunday schedule for routes 100 and 300. Routes 305, CRX, and DRX will not run.
- Wolfline will only operate the RS lot shuttle.
Ross Bassett, a professor at NCSU, is teaching a class this fall called “Cycling Cities,” which looks at why urban Americans cycle less than Europeans and what (if anything) can be done to change this. Students will interview someone who regularly commutes by bike or does their activities of daily living by bike. If you would be willing to be interviewed please respond here.
Talk to NC State students about your bike commute!
Volunteer with the cycling community
Want to get more involved in the community as a bicyclist? Volunteer with Oaks and Spokes!
Virtual, Thursday, August 25 at 2pm
Yep, you read that right: Mission ImPOSSUMble. Check out GoTriangle's latest webinar in the Mission Impossible series for carpooling tips plus nature's cutest commuter, possums!
Win gift cards! - GoPerks spotlight
Hey employees, track your sustainable commute trips in Share The Ride NC (with NCSU log in) this month for a chance to win a gift card to:
Email us if you have questions about how to enter.
- Cardinal Bikeshare rides and membership (downtown Raleigh)
- Rebus Works Market (quirky Raleigh gallery/food truck venue)
- Rise (the Village District)
- Joe Van Gogh (coffee shop in Midtown)
- and others!
Vanpool to NC State
Employees, do you have a long drive to campus? Save the wear and tear on your vehicle with a vanpool! Vanpools are similar to carpools, except the vans are leased by Enterprise and transport 4-15 passengers at a time. Email WolfTrails if you're interested in giving this a try.
Stay on top of any detours and schedule disruptions: make sure you sign up for GoTriangle/GoRaleigh email alerts. Or, check the TransLoc app.