WolfTrails Alternative Commuter News
Here's news for June 2022 about all things public transit, carpool, bicycle and pedestrian. As always, feel free to email us anytime with comments or questions about your transportation options.
News at a Glance
- Employee WolfTrails registrations for 2022-23 are now open!
- Student WolfTrails registrations open July 5.
What's Up On Campus
WolfTrails membership/permit renewals
Carpoolers, transit riders, bicyclists, and walkers to campus may renew their membership/permits for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Employees - submit a WolfTrails carpool application, or apply for WolfTrails if you ride the bus, bike, or walk to campus.
- Students - you'll receive a renewal reminder email, since student renewals begin July 5.
Students - Varsity Permits Survey
WolfTrails students, did you use your 6 Varsity permits per semester? We're collecting student feedback on this free WolfTrails parking benefit - weigh in on our survey.
New Bike Racks
18 new Compact-6 style racks were installed at Tri-Towers, a wave rack was upgraded at Wolf Ridge, and 1 new rack was added at Carmichael Gym.
Planned service changes for Wolfline in Fall 2022 are posted on our website for review and comment. See what's new and submit comments by June 26.
Wolfline Fall 2022 Service
GoTriangle August Service Changes
There are proposed changes to begin in August for scheduling on GoTriangle routes 300 and 305, as well as to FRX and WRX. If you have comments, leave a voicemail at 919-485-PLAN (7526) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
4th of July bus service
There will be service adjustments on the 4th of July for GoRaleigh and GoTriangle. Sign up to get email alerts for service updates/holiday hours.
- GoRaleigh will be using Sunday schedule for routes 11, 11L, and 12. Route 4 will operate as normal.
- GoTriangle will be using Sunday schedule for Route 100 and 300. Routes 305, CRX, and DRX will not run.
- Wolfline will not operate due to the university holiday closure.
Virtual, Tuesday, June 14 from 2-3pm
Celebrate equitable, sustainable transportation in the Triangle! GoTriangle is hosting this 1 hour webinar - speakers include Governor Roy Cooper and Raleigh City Council member Jonathan Melton. Register for Zoom link.
Local Events and Bike Rides
Couldn't get enough of May's Bike Month fun? Check out Oaks and Spokes' event calendar for upcoming events and rides! Some highlights:
Vanpool to NC State
Do you have a long drive to campus? Save the wear and tear on your vehicle with a vanpool! Vanpools are similar to carpools, except the vans are leased by Enterprise and transport 4-15 passengers at a time. Email WolfTrails if you're interested in giving this a try.
Lockers for bicycle commuters
Hey Centennial bicycle commuters, do you need somewhere to store your gear during the day? There are lockers on the ground floor of EBII (adjacent to Partners Way, near the bike fix-it station). Rental cost is $20/semester or $35/year. Email us if you're interested.
Hey employees, track your sustainable commute trips in Share The Ride NC (with NCSU log in) this month for a chance to win a gift card to:
Email us if you have questions about how to enter.
- Corenta Candles (local craft candles)
- The Scrap Exchange (in Durham)
- Neomonde (right near campus!)
- and others!