Follow along, or take part...it's up to you how you get involved and we're starting next week!
Are you up for the challenge to do something
different every day?
Dear <<First Name>>,
It's Judith here. I work on Alison's team and I'm looking after some things around here whilst Alison is off.
Alison had her knee replacement surgery on 14th September and everything went to plan! She is recovering really well and is letting the team get on with things whilst she's taking time out. Even Alison would say that this is a challenge i.e. to let go and allow others to manage things for her. To ask for and receive help.
So, in honour of Alison doing things a little bit differently at the moment, we here on the Landscaping Your Life team are letting you know about the 'Do something different every day' challenge starting on Monday!
According to Alison: "doing something different every day for 21 or even 28 days is the quickest means I know of pushing us out of unhelpful patterns of thinking or behaving".
You can follow the challenge social posts on LinkedIn by searching the hashtag #dosomethingdifferenteveryday or why not take part yourself? Here's how you can do so:
1. Try doing something a little bit differently than you normally would. Change your route to walk to work. Have tea instead of coffee for your morning beverage.
2. Do something different every day of the challenge if you can - it's taking place from Monday 26th September, right through to Monday 17th October! Or why not try it for just one or two days?
3. And if you do decide to try doing something differently, why not post about it on social? Use the hashtag #dosomethingdifferenteveryday when you post.
4. If you share a post on LinkedIn, mention the Landscaping Your Life page and @ Alison Smith.
5. Why not share a picture of you doing something differently!
We already have quite a few people taking part, so do join us for what's going to be a fun challenge! And see what insight you get from doing something different.
Here's a recent blog post of Alison's where she talks about the challenge and links to some of the things she has done in the past. Hopefully it will give you some inspiration!
We shared the above image on social recently, asking people to let us know if they'd like to be part of the challenge. Not only can you share your own post(s), but if you'd like us to share it on the LYL page, just hit reply and let me know. I'll give you a date to post (we only have a few dates in October left!), and we'll then share your challenge post on the Landscaping Your Life social channels.