WEAR IT WELL
As you may have heard, the Salvation Army in Tupelo has been hard at work renovating the kitchen. That's the good news. The bad news is that the process has made feeding the hungry in the Tupelo area difficult. Fortunately, our community is filled with people who want to step up to the plate and make a difference. Several businesses, churches, and organizations were called on to help out, and every one contacted said, "Yes! Tell us what to do and we will do it."
Wear It Well was one such group. With the help of several volunteers, they were able to provide lunch for almost 100 people.
The Salvation Army expressed their gratitude to these and all the volunteers who have made sure the homeless and food-insecure individuals in our community are receiving a good meal while the kitchen renovations are in progress. Volunteer Northeast Mississippi joins the Salvation Army in saying THANK YOU!
FEATURED VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Northeast Mississippi Habitat for Humanity invites you to join in on a new Habitat build. Help build stability, strength, and self-reliance through shelter as framing on a new home begins. The construction manager will teach you everything you need to know, and you'll have fun while doing it! Build day is Saturday, August 31. There are two shifts: 7:30-11:00 and 12:00-4:00. Click here to sign up.
Autism Center of North Mississippi needs volunteers in several capacities:
(1) Cleaning: Their 9,000 square foot facility needs volunteers to clean bathrooms; mop; wipe down chairs, table, and toys; and clean 2 small kitchens. This cleaning needs to be done on Fridays. To volunteer, click here.
(2) Painting: They have a medium-to-large room that needs painting, but first it will require some mudding and sanding. To volunteer for this job, click here.
(3) Halloween Party: The Kiwanis Club will be hosting a Halloween party for the children on October 26. They are looking for volunteers to help set up and clean up. You can sign up by clicking here.
Faith Haven is looking for volunteers to assist in different ways:
(1) Recreational Activities: If you have a talent you'd like to share with children up to age 18, such as painting, arts and crafts, music, exercise, etc., or if you'd like to assist on outings, such as swimming, skating, or going to the movies, click here.
(2) Child Care: This would involve assisting staff with supervising children up to age 18. It may include cleaning and cooking. To volunteer, click here.
Please be advised that for either of these volunteer positions, you will need to have a background check done as well as fingerprinting.