HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF VOLUNTEER NORTHEAST MISSISSIPPI
Volunteer Northeast Mississippi wants to help you. We are in a unique position to let the community know what you do and how they can assist you in your mission. Our services are free, so why not keep us in the loop and let us pass the word along to others? Connect with us using these avenues:
Mississippi Hub Network (can be accessed from
- Register your organization.
- Post volunteer opportunities and update as
- Follow VNEMS on Facebook, Instagram, and
Twitter for news and ideas.
- Tag VNEMS in your posts so they can be
- Email your news, events, needs, and volunteer
opportunities to VNEMS so we can spread the
word on social media and in our newsletters.
- Remember that emails that come from VNEMS
contain all types of information: funding
opportunities, trainings, requests from groups
wanting to do volunteer projects, and this
bi-weekly nonprofit newsletter.
- Be on the lookout for the Volunteer Activity
Report, which goes to the Mississippi
Commission for Volunteer Service.
- Let VNEMS know about outstanding volunteers
(individuals or groups) so we can recognize
them in one or more ways:
- on social media
- in our volunteer newsletter
- with a certificate of appreciation and letter of thanks signed by the first lady of Mississippi and the executive director of Volunteer Mississippi
- with an on-site presentation
- with a possible nomination for a GIVE Award (presented by the Mississippi Commission for Volunteer Service)
- Let VNEMS know how you recognize your
volunteers so your ideas can be shared with