Saturday, March 21, 2020
I want to update you on two developments over the last 24 hours.
First, Bishop Lee has issued a Pastoral Directive that the Church is to be closed to ALL entry until at least April 7. The situation will be re-evaluated at that time to determine if this closure will continue beyond that time.
Second, I ask that you keep Geoff and Ginny Eysenbach in your prayers. They have both been admitted to the hospital for pneumonia, and have been tested for the COVID-19 Coronavirus. Their tests from a private lab have come back positive, and they are currently awaiting confirmation from the State lab. They are in isolation at the hospital and are not permitted visitors, however, please keep them both in your prayers.
Please note that Ginny began to feel ill around Wednesday, March 11. If you have been in contact wit them in the 2 to 3 weeks prior to then, please follow CDC recommendations, which can be found here. If you begin to experience symptoms, please contact your doctor for advice, and let the Church know that you are ill.
These are challenging times, the like of which most of us have never experienced. Please continue to pray for each other, and keep in touch with each other, and help each other. God's love and the fellowship of this community will help us get through this crisis together. As always, I am here for you. Please call if you need anything.
Finally, please join us for online Morning Prayer tomorrow at 9:30 a.m. You can access the Zoom gathering by clicking here.
I am praying for each of you by name.
Grace & Peace,