We received word from Bishop Lee today informing congregations of new restrictions in response to the significant increase in COVID-19 positivity rates. As of November 10 the positivity rate for suburban Cook County was 14.4% and for Will & Kankakee Counties it was 18.6%. In response, local authorities are requesting people to shelter in place and to only go out for essential services.
In response to Bishop Lee's directive St. John's will follow the following guidelines until at least December 6 (the Bishop's staff will re-evaluate the situation in early December and adjust this timeframe if necessary):
1. The November 14, Saturday 5:30 p.m. Mass is CANCELLED.
2. The November 15, Sunday 11:00 a.m. Mass will proceed as planned and will be live-streamed. (Attendance will be limited to those who are participating in the service, i.e. Lectors, acolytes, etc.)
3. Beginning Monday, November 16 and continuing through at least December 6, there will be NO IN-PERSON WORSHIP OR MEETINGS.
4. The weekend worship schedule will continue to be Sundays at 11:00 a.m. and will be live-streamed through Facebook Live and on our website. Only officiants, lectors, and videographers may be present for these services.
5. The Parish Office will be open ONLY on Mondays and Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
If you have any questions about these changes, please feel free to contact me.
Please continue to take all necessary precautions to keep you and your families safe, following the advice of local authorities and your healthcare professionals. Brave and I continue to keep you all in our prayers and ask that you also keep our community in your prayers. Please continue to contact me for any pastoral care needs or concerns. Please continue to monitor your email and the Parish website for further information as it becomes available.
Grace and peace,