It's time to reframe community during social distancing.
Although physically distancing ourselves from others is important in stopping the further spread of the coronavirus, it means fewer interactions (or adult conversations) with other people.
It's boring at best, stressful and lonely at worst.
Community exists for a reason. So we're reclaiming that with the Raleigh Convergence Social Club.
How it works:
- This club is open to everyone and will take place over Zoom video conferencing.
- Bring your own beverage -- preferably purchased locally -- and join in.
- We'll start with a conversation between co-hosts on a variety of topics, with an open chat box.
- Then, you'll be randomly assigned into smaller conversations to talk with a few other Raleighites.
- Be kind. Be human.
- No personal attacks or weird stuff you wouldn't do in person.
- Cameras on. No lurking. This is for people who want to show up like they would in person.
Details: The conversation starts at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday.
Use this link to join in [JOIN] or find the link at RaleighConvergence.com on the night of the social club.