Assalamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters,
As we hear on the news on an almost hourly basis, cases of Covid 19 are rising rapidly. Masjid al Noor will remain open until advised to do otherwise from local authorities. We have been in touch with county executives and have been counseled that we should continue to exercise caution and social distancing in the mosque. Please stay abreast of advisories being issued by the health authorities and please follow masjid rules. They are as follows:
Please explore the following links for up to date information about the current state of the pandemic:
- Do not come to the masjid if you:
- are not feeling well in any way
- have someone in your home who is not feeling well
- have had recent exposure to Covid-19
- have had a Covid-19 test and do not yet know the results
- have any underlying health conditions that may put you at greater risk
- Bring your own prayer rugs
- Pray only on the spots marked with an "X"
- Make Wudu at home, bathrooms are available only for congregants who have either a health or physical issue that prevents them from doing so
- Wear a mask at all times while on masjid grounds
- Maintain a 6 foot distance from others
- Do not linger in the lobby, prayer halls, or other areas of the masjid gorunds. Please exit the masjid immediately after your salat.
It is important we act as conscientious neighbors and friends. MHIA respectfully urges all community members to assess their own interactions with the masjid based not only what is best for you but also what is most protective of your fellow Muslims. May Allah (SWT) offer mercy to all mankind as we face this challenge together.