"Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord!" Mark 11: 9
Palm Sunday Service, March 28 at 10 am. Doors open at 9:50 am
Please Donate to those who Need Food
Maundy Thursday Service, April 1 at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary & live streamed
We will bring our monthly donation to the Amazing Grace Food Pantry next Wednesday. Please bring what you can contribute to church on Palm Sunday, or you can drop off your donation to the church office on Tuesday between 10AM and 3PM.
Good Friday: Scripture Readings and Prayers 12 - 12:30 pm in the Sanctuary
Easter Sunday Service Changes
In recent years, over 100 congregants have attended our 10 am Easter Sunday service. Unfortunately, the sanctuary capacity this year is limited to 50 people because we are following the CDC's COVID guidelines. Therefore, we've decided to offer two identical services in the sanctuary on Easter Sunday: one at 8:30 AM and one at 10 AM. The 10AM service will be live-streamed on YouTube.
How you can help: We believe the 10 AM service will be the most popular, so please consider the 8:30 AM service if at all possible. There will not be a sunrise service this year. If you are fully vaccinated and can plan to sit with another fully vaccinated person or couple, this will help us fill more of the available seating. Please review the in-person worship guidelines below, as many people continue to be confused by the decals in the center pews. We have made an effort to clarify their purpose below.
If you plan to attend either service, please click on this link to send an email to Chris Foley by Tuesday morning. The email will include your name. the time of the service you plan to attend, and how many people are in your party. This information will be a great help in estimating how many people to expect for each service. Note that your email response is not a reservation. The first 50 people to arrive at the church will be seated in the sanctuary. Any additional congregants will be seated in an overflow room where the service will be live-streamed.
Please also read the general worship options and guidelines below. They pertain to Easter Sunday, as well as all other Sundays for the foreseeable future.
Worship -- Options & Guidelines
We will continue an in-person service each Sunday. It will be live-streamed on our YouTube channel, and available Sunday afternoon as a YouTube video. Here are a few important reminders and explanations about each option:
We are all exhausted by a year of adhering to pandemic guidelines and we all look forward to the day we can truly go back to normal. While the vaccine promises to get us there, some CDC guidelines remain in place and we ask that you continue to respect these guidelines while in the sanctuary.
1. The Miner Street doors to the sanctuary will remain locked until 9:50 AM on Sunday. Please arrive between 9:50 and 10 AM and enter the sanctuary quietly. Socializing outside after the service is our temporary fellowship time and place until we can once again open Fellowship Hall.
2. While in the sanctuary, you must wear a mask (free cloth masks are available on both sides of the narthex). Touchless hand sanitizer is available, as well.
3. Social distancing is still important and we've arranged seating in the sanctuary accordingly. We want to accommodate as many congregants as possible while keeping individuals from different households at least 6 feet apart. Therefore, singles or couples should sit in the middle of the center pews, avoiding the ends of the pews. Families should sit in the side pews. Those who are fully vaccinated may sit together regardless of family affiliation.
4. Please do not sit on top of the decals which state "Please Keep this Seat Free." If you sit in a center pew, please sit in the middle of the pew, directly on the red cushion, not at either end of the pew. If this confuses or annoys you, you are not alone, but this was never the intention. The decals are there to keep you safe at a 6ft. distance from others and to prevent the spread of the virus while you worship.
5. One deacon will be on each side of the Sanctuary, to answer your questions, help you get seated, and meet other needs. If a deacon asks you to move, please understand they are doing so to ensure everyone's safety.
Live-streamed service and video
For the benefit of anyone who is unable to attend in-person, Sunday's service will be live-streamed on our YouTube Channel. This link will take you directly to our live stream beginning at 9:55 AM on Sunday morning. Please wait until 9:55 to click on it. An email reminder will be sent on Saturday that will include this link and a copy of Sunday's Order of Worship.
You can also watch the service on Sunday afternoon by visiting the church’s website. When you click “Play Video,” on the "Worship" page of the church website, you will see the most recent church service. If you are having trouble finding the live stream, please call Pastor Nancy or Chris Foley, and they will be happy to walk you through the process.
Reverend Lois on Vacation and Retreat
Pastor Nancy will be on vacation / retreat & education leave for a total of 3 weeks starting April 6 and returning April 27. As you may know, she is awaiting the expected arrival of her first grandchild on April 8th and at least one week of her vacation will be spent helping to care for the new baby. Rev. Dr. Betsey Mauro will fill the pulpit on April 11th & 18th and Dennis McCann will fill in on April 25th.
Bible Study on March 31st
The topic for next Wednesday's Bible Study is "When You Feel Powerless." If you plan to participate next Wednesday, please visit this link prior to the meeting to hear the audio, watch the video, read the scripture, and review the lesson questions. A reminder email, including Zoom login information, will be sent to all regular participants next Tuesday.
When is Your Birthday?
If you haven't yet done so, be sure you've included your date of birth in your ChurchTrac profile so we can wish you a happy day. To check your profile, or add your date of birth, simply follow these three steps:
- Go to the ChurchTrac Home page (https://miner.churchtrac.com) and sign in or register.
- Next, click the three-bar Menu icon in the upper left corner and choose "My Profile"
- You will be taken automatically to your personal profile page and your birthday should be entered in the second box beneath your name. Any edits you make or information you add will be saved automatically. While you're there, please confirm that your contact information is correct.
If you have trouble accessing ChurchTrac, please call Pastor Nancy or Chris Foley. They will be happy to walk you through the process.
Sunday School Continues on Zoom
Sunday School will continue to be offered at 10 am on Zoom only. At this time, there is no date set for returning to in-person Sunday School. Please contact Johanna Tessman with any questions or concerns. If you would like to receive the Zoom login information for Sunday School, please ask Chris Foley to add you to the list.
Standing Committee Meeting 3/28 8:30 - 9:30 AM
MM&C Committee Meeting 3/31 7:00 - 8:00 PM
Bible Study 3/31 10:00 - 11:00 AM
Confirmation Class 3/31 3:30 - 4:00 PM
Maundy Thursday Service 4/1 7:30 PM
Good Friday Service 4/2 12:00 - 12:30PM
Easter Sunday Services 4/4 8:30 AM and 10:00 AM
May Memorial Services
Tom Law 5/1 11 AM
Bettye Nosenzo 5/8 11 AM
*Please pray for the families and friends of the victims in the recent shootings in Atlanta, GA and Boulder, CO. (3/25)
*Susan James’s sister, Vicky, passed away in January. Susan requests your prayers for Vicky’s children and their families as they continue to experience the loss of their mother and grandmother. (3/25)
*Patty Mailhot’s relative, Jessica, who is cancer free now faces reconstructive surgery. Patty requests your prayers for Jessica’s continued strength, health, and happiness. (3/25)
*Susan Clark’s son and daughter, Donald and Amanda, are struggling. Please pray for God to work powerfully in their lives. (3/25)
*Please pray for Danielle Czesak’s friends Dee and John who have been diagnosed with cancer. Please pray for the success of their treatments and the protection of their children. (3/18)
*Please pray for Peggy Root's aunt and godmother who was recently in the hospital and now residing permanently in a nursing home due to deteriorating health. (3/11)
*Please pray for Shawn's friend Jennifer who is in hospice. Also, pray for Jennifer's family. (3/11)
*Please pray for the family and friends of Emery, Jeff and Martha's neighbor and friend. Emery passed away on Wednesday, March 3, after a long hospitalization for COVID-19. He is survived by his wife and two sons. (3/4)
*Please pray for Ruth Law whose beloved husband Tom passed away on Sunday, February 21st. Prayers for Tom's family and friends as they mourn his loss. (2/25)
*Please pray for leaders in all areas of life that they may govern with wisdom and compassion. (3/4)
Prayer requests are listed for 4 weeks. Please let Chris Foley know if you would like to keep your request on longer. Our practice is to list the name of the prayer requestor unless anonymity is specified.
Pray for Our Shut Ins
Betty Behn, Sally Parker, Evelyn Macensky, and Karen Keathley