The event welcomes representatives of EU Member States, national and regional water directorates and administrations, hydrographic district authorities and basin organizations, as well as representatives of EU candidate countries and countries of Eastern European, the Balkans, the Caucasus, Central Asia and the Mediterranean basin and other stakeholders interested in basin management and in the implementation of the Water Framework Directive, its "Daughter Directives" and other related policies, directives and regulations.
Share your experiences on the themes addressed by this on-site event with simultaneous French / English interpretation! (with the exception of the first of the two sessions of the workshop “Water in mountains”, which will be in French only).
The program includes :
● Workshop “Water in mountains”:
Session 1/2. Adaptation to climate changes (in French only)
Session 2/2. “River restoration: a European goal at the crossroads of several legislations”
● Session I. Ecological continuity restoration
● Session II. Water users involvements and engagements
● Session III. Good ecological status, Governance of the WFD, water cycle at basin level
● Session IV. Intersectoral coordination
● Session: V. Transboundary & international cooperation
● Technical and cultural visit
The two Europe - INBO 2022 river restoration workshop session topics
The two themes will be investigated through discussing integrated river (basin) restoration (research) case studies and pilot projects. In order to stimulate the interaction this part of the workshop will be organised with two paralel, short break out sessions
- Experience and feedback on how river (basin) restoration is already at the crossroads of different legislations, issues and uses.
- How is the integration of river restoration measures into the RBMP's and Programme of Measures and other planning tools used by Members States and Basin Organisations.