At our September 15th meeting:
There was a brainstorming session, out of which several new action teams emerged. If you are interested in joining or starting an action team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legislation: reduce single-use plastic by influencing laws and lawmakers
- Institutional Outreach: contact businesses, schools and universities, faith groups, large events, landlords, and other institutions to encourage sustainable practices
- Municipal 2030 ZeroWaste: work with city officials to change policies regarding disposables, including encouraging municipal composting
- Recycling: creating a directory of recycling services, expanding recycling collections programs, and continuing to improve and promote recyclethispgh.com
- Public Education: focusing on outreach, hosting and promoting public events, supporting those just beginning their SUP-free journey, and raising awareness on the consequences of all aspects of single-use plastic