Open Season on DWC Annual Reporting
You might have skipped Groundhog Day earlier this month (all over again!), and you may not get the day off for Texas Independence Day next month ... But don’t miss your annual and monthly reporting to the State of Texas. Employers that do not provide Texas workers' compensation coverage must submit two types of forms to the Division of Workers Compensation:
DWC Form-005, Employer Notice of No Coverage or Termination of Coverage
- Notifies DWC that an employer does not have traditional workers’ compensation
- This form must be filed with DWC every year between February 1 and April 30. So, it’s “open season”!
- This is a “PartnerShip” service provided to PartnerSource retainer clients.
DWC Form-007, Employers Report of Non-Covered Employee’s Occupational Injury or Disease
- Notifies DWC that an employer had a reportable work-related injury, illness or fatality
- Must be filed no later than the 7th day of the month following any month in which (1) a work-related death occurred, (2) an employee was absent form work for more than one day as a result of a work-related injury (even if no benefits are payable), or (3) the employer acquired knowledge of an occupational disease.
- These forms are filed by your claims administrator.
Under the Texas Administrative Code, penalties for noncompliance can be up to $25,000 per day/per violation. Forms are found at https://www.tdi.texas.gov/forms/form20numeric.html.
PartnerSource helps clients stay on top of important state and federal reporting deadlines. For more information, contact your PartnerSource Team Leader or Director, or Kelly Jones at email@example.com.