YOUR 2022 CLIMATE RESOLUTIONS! (Part 2)
-Installing a heat pump this year.
- Removing invasive plants.
- Use my wifi thermostat to turn heat way down when not home or sleeping
- Work harder at eliminating single-use anything, especially packaging. Buy only unbagged potatoes, carrots, onions and other veggies.
- Buy and use a countertop induction burner to reduce LP use.
- Unplug vampire loads (clocks, TVs, etc.) when gone for more than a month.
- Buy things with lowest supply-chain miles (local).
- Use cloth napkins all the time.
- Use bar soap and bar shaving cream.
- Buy more bulk food and split it with friends
- Stop using a dryer, fabric softener or scented products for clothing, instead hang outdoors or indoors on hangers.
- Eat less non-local red meat
- Replace plastic items in my life with more earth friendly choices.
- Fossil fuel free Fridays! Plan outings more thoughtfully and reduce emissions from car travel.
- Go solar, and button up our house to be more economically effective.
- Plant our own veggies & compost
- installed a bidet to reduce TP consumption
-Use reusable feminine hygiene products
-Use rags instead of paper towels
-Use energy saving appliances
- Increase plant based diet
-Get a small countertop dishwasher
- Share the full ICAN list with everyone I know!
We received this resolution from the MV Shellfish Group -- an inspiration for the organizations that you participate in!
MVSG is searching to replace plastic items with better options. Unfortunately marine aquaculture uses a lot of plastic because it is light and durable in sea water. More and more plastic replacements are coming on the market all the time! MVSG is also finding creative and updated ways of saving energy. We hope to put solar panels on the Hughes Hatchery before 2023!