ACTION ASK - ADVOCACY
Right now we are advocating for the passage of a Climate and Community Protection Act in NYS. Here’s some more detail…
CCPA (NY State’s Climate and Community Protection Act)
Meetings in Albany about the Climate & Community Protection Act (A-8270B) have begun. Let's make sure we keep our voices heard loud and clear. Call Rachel May at 518 455-2838 and thank her for taking leadership on this and call John Salka at 518 455- 4807 and urge him to support the CCPA also.
- The act requires a 50% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2030 and a timeline for 100% renewable energy economy by 2050. The issues of energy efficiency, renewable energy and clean transportation are addressed.
- These goals are aligned with employment and equity goals for NY residents with estimates from NYSERDA of a workforce increase of as many as 27,000 and revenues of as much as $8.7 billion annually by 2030.
- If passed a combination of energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean transportation investments will make NY have the strongest and the most enforceable energy standard laws.
You can also use NY Renews immediate response system by e-mail and by phone. All you have to do is click on the link and it will take you right there. When you click on the phone call, they will link you to the right office
Here's the tool: nyrenews.org/emailreps
Or, make a call: nyrenews.org/callstatereps
Points to make:
· We want to pass the strongest version of the CCPA
· We want to move ALL sectors to 100% renewable
· We want the standards to be enforceable
· We want to keep it equitable (40%of state energy funds to most impacted communities)
· We want to keep it just (green jobs and prevailing wages}
The goal of calling Andrea Stewart-Cousins and Speaker Carl Heastie is to get the votes to the floor. It doesn't matter at all that we are not in THEIR district. Everyone should call them and request they bring CCPA to a vote asap.
Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins (518-455-2585)
Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie (518-455-3791)
Call Governor Cuomo when CCPA passes, He needs our calls to pressure the "yes". and not compromise the bill.