St. Aidan's Spark
for Saturday, October 22, 2022
In this continuing time of COVID-19, the Spark is an additional way for us to stay connected. It usually goes out on Saturdays with the Sunday Booklets. On occasion it goes out on an additional day with special announcements or resources.
In this Issue
- Worship Booklets for Sunday, October 23, 2022, The 20th Sunday after Pentecost
- Stewardship Reflection for October 23, 2022
- Halloween Cookies for the Food Pantry
- Wrestling with the Scriptures - November 1, 2022
- Good News Garden photos from Cary
- Diocese of California Bishop Search - A prayer for transition
- Cameron is on Sabbatical
Worship Booklets for October 23, 2022, The 20th Sunday after Pentecost
Booklets are also available on our website at https://www.staidansf.org/service-schedule
MORE THAN ENOUGH - Stewardship Reflection for October 23, 2022
Link: About Humility
Questions for reflection:
- Imagine looking in the mirror and seeing a reflection of your relationship with God. How would you describe it?
- How might generosity be connected to one’s trusting relationship with God?
- In serving others we often find humility. How has service to others helped deepen your relationship with God?
Halloween Cookies for the Food Pantry:
You are invited to make 3 dozen cookies for the Food Pantry. We would like to have the cookies by Wednesday October 26. We will be bagging the cookies on the 27th and distributing them on the 28th. You can start bringing the cookies on Sunday Oct 23. Thank you for helping the shoppers at the food pantry celebrate Halloween.
Wrestling with the scriptures:
You are invited to join the wrestling with the scriptures group on Nov 1, 10:30–11:30 on zoom. The link is:
. We will be looking at John: 11:45-54. See you there.
Good News Garden Photos from Cary - October 19
Diocese of California Bishop Search - A prayer for transition
The Standing Committee has asked congregations to pray for the new Bishop search process. We'll add this to our weekly petitions in the Prayers of the People, and from time to time we will pray this prayer they have provided for us during this period of transition in our diocese:
Cameron is on Sabbatical
- Almighty God, giver of every good gift, by your grace you have called us into one fellowship of faith: Look graciously on the people of the Diocese of California during this time of transition. May we be guided in heart and mind by your Holy Spirit to seek and welcome a faithful pastor who will care for your people and equip us to perform the work of the Church. Grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what you would have us do. Save us from all false choices, that in your light we may see light, and on your path may not stumble; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Cameron is on a long-planned sabbatical (August 1st – November 27th). While he is away, the Reverend Scot Sherman is serving in his stead, on a half-time basis.
This is a time of growth and opportunity for all of us-- for Cameron in this time of sabbatical, for St. Aidan’s as we make our way into to Vital + Thriving program, and for Scot as he walks more closely with St. Aidan’s on this journey.