St. Aidan's Spark
for Saturday, November 5, 2022
In this continuing time of COVID-19, the Spark is an additional way for us to stay connected. It usually goes out on Saturdays with the Sunday Booklets. On occasion it goes out on an additional day with special announcements or resources.
In this Issue
- TIME CHANGE TOMORROW
- Worship Booklets for this coming Sunday
- Weekly Stewardship Reflection
- Diocese of California Bishop Search - A prayer for transition
- Cameron is on Sabbatical
Daylight Savings Time ends on Sunday, November 6 at 2 AM
Remember to set their clock back one hour (fall back).
Worship Booklets for November 6 2022, All Saints' Day / Advent 1
Booklets are also available on our website at https://www.staidansf.org/service-schedule
MORE THAN ENOUGH - Stewardship Reflection for November 6, 2022
Link: Blessed are the Poor
Reflect upon a time where you made a judgment on a person or place when you had limited or incomplete information.
Questions for reflection:
• Discuss your experience with explanations for poverty. What are your own explanations?
• Do they need investigating?
Diocese of California Bishop Search - A prayer for transition
The Standing Committee has asked congregations to pray for the new Bishop search process. We'll add this to our weekly petitions in the Prayers of the People, and from time to time we will pray this prayer they have provided for us during this period of transition in our diocese:
Cameron is on Sabbatical
- Almighty God, giver of every good gift, by your grace you have called us into one fellowship of faith: Look graciously on the people of the Diocese of California during this time of transition. May we be guided in heart and mind by your Holy Spirit to seek and welcome a faithful pastor who will care for your people and equip us to perform the work of the Church. Grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what you would have us do. Save us from all false choices, that in your light we may see light, and on your path may not stumble; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Cameron is on a long-planned sabbatical (August 1st – November 27th). While he is away, the Reverend Scot Sherman is serving in his stead, on a half-time basis.
This is a time of growth and opportunity for all of us-- for Cameron in this time of sabbatical, for St. Aidan’s as we make our way into to Vital + Thriving program, and for Scot as he walks more closely with St. Aidan’s on this journey.