2020 Virtual Convention:
On April 25th the Alliance Party held it first National Convention,State Delegates and speakers held the convention on Zoom which was simulcast on YouTube for observers. In a vote of 24-2 the delegation of states voted to nominate Roque “Rocky” De La Fuente as our presidential candidate and Darcy Richardson as his vice presidential running mate. Noted political reformer and author Greg Orman delivered an inspirational keynote.
The ticket was chosen in what is believed to be the nation’s first online presidential nomination convention. “Now, the real work begins,” declared De La Fuente in his acceptance speech. “Our priorities are clear: To make significant strides in our mission to fundamentally change the governing structure in this nation, we must continue to unite with all other small parties to become the powerhouse of change this nation needs to break the two-party monopoly.”
Since 2016, De La Fuente, 65, the son of immigrants, has energetically involved himself in efforts to bring about political change in America. The San Diego resident and longtime American entrepreneur, businessman and political reformer was the nominee of both the Reform Party and his American Delta Party for president of the United States in the 2016 election. That year, he was also an unsuccessful candidate for the Democratic presidential primary. He also ran for the U.S. Senate in 2018 in nine states simultaneously.
“The Constitution has been ruthlessly abused, illegally manipulated, plainly ignored and regularly misused to gain partisan political advantage,” De La Fuente said. “We must convince America that we are the change agents that can bring an end to government corruption, stagnation and partisan politics. We must convince America that we can bring back American values and emphasize the importance of integrity and honor. We must convince America that we are a new political party with a modern, fiscally responsible, common sense, nonpartisan, problem solving agenda. We must convince America that we will provide a new kind of politician – a term limited, transparent public servant who puts country before party and solutions before ideology.”
Richardson, 65, is an American author, historian and political activist. He was the Reform Party of Florida's nominee for governor in 2018. In the 2012 presidential election, Richardson challenged incumbent Barack Obama for the Democratic nomination for president in five state primaries.
Full Convention Video, accompanying videos, as well as Greg Orman's keynote address may be found on our YouTube Channel HERE
What Can You Do?:
We Are Looking For Presidential Electors:
As per the US Constitution the president and vice president are not elected directly by citizens. Instead, they’re chosen by “electors” through a process called the Electoral College.
Each state party selects these electors for their party and submits a list to the Secretary of State. The only duty of an elector, aside from some initial forms to sign, is to cast a vote in the Electoral College in December of 2020 in states where the Alliance Party candidates may have won the popular vote. Learn More HERE
Become a part of history, take this opportunity to be one of the people with the distinct honor of selecting the next President and Vice President.
Help Us Get On The Ballot:
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak and restrictions on social interaction, collecting the thousands of ballot access petition signatures in each state will be almost impossible. All of our candidates will now be forced to pursue other options to get on this November’s general election ballot. We expect time will be short and we will need to hire paid petitioners to meet our goals.
PLEASE MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TODAY TO HELP PAY FOR THIS
Our Candidate List is Growing:
Our campaign to solicit ordinary citizens to run for state, federal, and local legislatures is growing. The call for Americans to replace the professional politicians that have largely corrupted our government is underway. We currently have many going through the process with the following already having been nominated and have signed the candidate agreements.
You Can Run for Office Too:
If you have ever thought about the prospect of running for office, we are prepared with a staff to assist you at every step along the way with free access to experienced and professional political consultation.
Interested? Want to know more? Go to RUN FOR OFFICE.
Listen Up: After Dark Podcast
Did you know the Alliance has its own podcast? Thanks to volunteer hosts and producers Dan Schaefer and Michael Johnson, new After Dark: The Alliance Radio Hour podcasts are posted on Sundays.
- Alliance Party 2020 Convention. This evening we review some of the highlights of the Alliance Party’s 2020 Presidential Convention, which was held online. Hear speeches from the Alliance Party’s presidential candidate, Roque “Rocky” de la Fuente and the vice presidential candidate, Darcy Richardson, as well as the keynote delivered by Greg Orman. The speeches are informative, moving and inspirational. Listen Now
- Drew Penrose on FairVote. This evening we hear from Drew Penrose, the Law and Policy Director for FairVote. Drew contributes to efforts to promote ranked choice voting, primary election reform, election administration, and the Voting Rights Act. FairVote is a nonpartisan champion of electoral reforms that give voters greater choice, a stronger voice, and a representative democracy that works for all Americans. Listen in as we discuss voting rights in the age of social distancing. We also discuss recent developments in ranked choice voting, which is rapidly gaining popularity all across our nation. Finally - and most importantly - learn what you can do to help FairVote.. Listen Now
- Editorials From Around the Party The recent struggles with the pandemic has us all thinking about how we got here and how we move forward once the storm blows over. All this thinking has inspired a number of editorials from a few of the folks at the Alliance Party. Listen in and enjoy a few moments of thoughtfulness! Listen Now!
Join With Others: Become an Ally
The time has come for the people of a nation divided to come together beyond party divisions in an alliance, as a united people in a nation that stands on liberty and justice for all. Allies are a different sort of citizen, one who takes responsibility for their part in our republic. Become an ally with Americans across this great land.
Take the pledge to:
- Unite with your fellow Americans and create a fairer and better country by building strong communities
- Engage in the political process to elect transparent, accountable, pragmatic and reform minded public servants
- Inform yourself responsibly about local and national issues through truthful, unbiased sources
- Be civil in your political discourse and respect the opinions of others.
Click HERE to take the pledge
*All Allies are sent a personalized, wallet sized pledge card to authenticate their pledge to themselves, their Nation, and their fellow Americans.
We Cannot Do This Alone:
Help Spread the Word:
It is as easy as pie! Please 'like' our page as well as 'Like and Share' our posts on Facebook and Instagram. Also Retweet our posts on Twitter.