TOKEN 3 CLUB NEWSLETTER, Edition 10
Spring brings hope, and, as we’ve said for years, you can find hope in the rooms of the Token 3 Club. We’ve got lots of activity in the weeks ahead, and we hope you’ll be a part of it.
On Saturday we held a Town Hall meeting to update Club members and interested guests about the future of our Club. More than 30 people attended the meeting, where Executive Director Dianna Timperman introduced members of the Board of Directors, reviewed the status of the Club transition, and talked about new meetings, new fellowships, and new opportunities.
These were the highlights:
· The new Club at 3439 Breckinridge Lane, https://goo.gl/maps/MrWbgacujS52, is close to our current location, has abundant parking, is all on the first floor, and more than twice as large, with three meeting rooms instead of two.
· There will be no change to the meeting room rent. Prices will stay $25 for the larger rooms, and $10 for the small room.
· With plenty of storage outside of meeting rooms, there won’t be any interruptions in the small room.
· We’ve had a sweetheart deal on our rent for more than 40 years, and it’s going to increase from $1,364 to $3,500 per month. The Board is confident that we’ll be able to meet that expense with increased sales of merchandise and ready-to-eat food items, more revenue from events, and increasing our member and donor base.
· The new Club will have a 7-year lease, with two 5-year options.
· Work at the new Club will be complete by April 12, and the following two weeks will be for inspection and fine tuning of the renovations.
· We hope to have a commitment from all of our 12-step groups to move by April 21.
· Packing and sorting is ongoing, and we expect to be fully packed up by April 24. If you’d like to volunteer to help, please let us know.
· April 25-27 are moving days. Meetings will continue at the old club. The meeting room will be available with the coffee pot, but the lounge and concession area will be closed.
· On Sunday, April 28, we’ll open the doors for the 9 a.m. Traditions Meeting, and our final meeting at Dutchman’s Lane will be the 11 a.m. Falls City speaker meeting. At the end of that meeting, we’ll ask attendees to pick up their chair, put it in their car, and take it to the new Clubhouse. Around 1:30 or 2 p.m., we’ll hold the first meeting at our new Club at Breckinridge Plaza. All are welcome to attend.
· The 4 p.m. AA discussion meeting will be the first regularly scheduled meeting, after which we’ll resume our schedule.
Upcoming events for the Club include a dinner fundraiser from 4 – 9 p.m. at Blaze Pizza at 4600 Shelbyville Road. Twenty percent of the profit will go to the Club.
We’ll hold our first “Meeting Marathon” (formerly known as the Alcathon) at our new Club Derby Weekend, starting at 6 p.m. Friday May 3. Every hour on the hour, there’ll be a meeting, the schedule for which will be posted for signup at the Club on April 8. Food will be served starting at 5 p.m. that Friday, and will be available throughout the event.
Our golf outing on June 30 has been rescheduled to September 8. It will be held at Oxmoor Country Club, and details will be available in the months ahead.
All of these events are centered around our support to the individual in recovery, and the 12-Step fellowship to which they belong. We could not provide that support without the generous contributions from our donors, our friends and family, and the regular dues and contributions from our members and customers. Our vision is fulfilled when we see people walk up our stairs day after day, week after week, and month after month, and when we see those people give away to the newcomer what was so freely given to them.
We thank you, and we look forward to continue to serve you in the future.