Resilient Leadership Update #2
If you have established live streaming capabilities, I have a favor to ask of you. Consider adopting a church that hasn’t or simply doesn’t have the capacity to do so.
Last week, I had the opportunity to lead a webinar hosted by Ken Sloane, the Director of Stewardship for the United Methodist Church. More than 1,000 church leaders registered and the majority did not have plans to worship during social distancing because they did not have online streaming capabilities.
If God has blessed your church with this resource, I strongly encourage those of you who have online worship to consider inviting a nearby congregation who does not to begin to worship
Here are a few points to consider:
- Invite the pastor of the guest church(es) to participate with you during the worship service and to have a moment to speak directly to their congregation.
- During your offering talk, ask viewers from other churches to give to their own churches who need them today more than ever.
- If you have online giving, add the guest church as a donation option so that their members can use your electronic giving platform to give to their church during this season.
- Offer to provide technical assistance to help the guest church establish the means to connect and mobilize their ability to use social media, recurring electronic giving, online worship, online mission mobilization efforts that your church has already established.
- Take the long view and creatively consider how your church and the guest church can collaborate after social distancing to have a greater impact on the community. When you do, you will be helping to steward the potential that God has already placed within your reach.
Together, we are better.
P.S. Horizons is working around the clock to support you during the Coronavirus outbreak and social distancing. To stay up to date and have access to the latest resources, sign up for a FREE Giving 365 account. When you do that, you’ll be the first to know when new ideas, strategies, and resources are available to help you lead strong.