FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 17, 2019
Chris Arend, Communications Director, Department of Natural Resources, 303-866-3311 ext. 8665, firstname.lastname@example.org
Governor Polis Announces Members of Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
Governor Jared Polis announced today the appointment of members of the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC). The Commission has been reconstituted to meet the requirements of SB 19-181 - Colorado’s new oil and gas law. Members of the Commission now include:
Effective May 17, 2019 for a term expiring July 1, 2020:
- Brenda Haun of Grover, Colorado, to serve as an agricultural production or royalty member, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Haun is a veterinarian and she and her family own a cattle ranch in Weld County.
- Erin Overturf of Denver, Colorado, to serve as an environmental protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Overturf is Deputy Director, Clean Energy Program with Western Resource Advocates.
- Howard Boigon of Denver, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in the oil and gas industry, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Boigon is an oil and gas attorney with many years of experience in the industry.
- John Messner of Gunnison, Colorado, to serve as a local government member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Mr. Messner is a Gunnison County Commissioner.
- Liane Jollon of Durango, Colorado, to serve as a member with experience in public health, and as an Unaffiliated, appointed. Ms. Jollon is the Director of San Juan Basin Public Health.
- Mark Hopkins of Broomfield, Colorado, to serve as a member with technical expertise relevant to the issues considered by the commission, and as a Republican, appointed. Mr. Hopkins is a retired engineer following a career with the Chevron Corporation.
- Pam Eaton of Boulder, Colorado, to serve as a wildlife protection member, and as a Democrat, appointed. Ms. Eaton is founder of Green West Strategies, a consulting firm focusing on conservation and renewable energy and former Deputy Vice President with The Wilderness Society.
Dan Gibbs, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Natural Resources or his designee and Jill Hunsaker Ryan, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or her designee, are ex-officio voting members.
The Commission will hold its initial meeting on Tuesday, May 21 from 9 am to 5 pm. The location of the meeting is the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, 1120 Lincoln Street, Suite 801, Denver, Colorado.
The meeting will consist of introductions and comments from Commission members, staff presentations, public comment, a Director’s report, consideration of SRC Energy Inc., Comprehensive Drilling Plan in Weld County, and an executive session on legal issues regarding implementation of SB 181.
To see the full meeting agenda please go to COGCC’s website: here.