A note regarding COVID-19...
THIS IS AN OPEN MESSAGE FOR ALL REVIVE40 MEN.
IF YOU ARE A REVIVE40 LEADER, PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THIS MEMO IN ITS ENTIRETY. THANK YOU.
Hello Revive40 men and BeLoved women,
I have received many requests about what is going on with our R40 groups. R40 has been praying and waiting to respond until now in order to monitor the progression of the disease. Our chief concern is your health and safety and, for that reason, we are stating our official position on COVID-19.
- Our weekly R40 groups will stop meeting in large group settings, but we encourage you to keep meeting in your small groups. Our recommendations could change with breaking news.
- If you decide not to meet during the coronavirus crisis, please notify your group coach.
- Groups may decide to select a temporary location at someone’s home but are asked to remain under groups of 10 for the next two weeks. Some of you may opt to conduct virtual meetings by use of our Zoom Conferencing. Ask your group leader what they intend to do. If you’d like to meet via Zoom Conferencing please email Chaz Boyce at firstname.lastname@example.org to get setup.
- It is critical that you remain in touch with your team to support them personally and emotionally through phone calls, texting, and prayer.
- When you meet, please try to retain the same time frame and R40 group format.
- Give each member the freedom to make their own decisions about whether or not they feel safe to attend. Don’t impose your opinions on others that could hurt others and cause division!
When meeting with your small groups, please take the following precautions:
1) Actively use hand sanitizer and routinely wash your hands with warm soap and water.
2) Replace hand-shaking and hugging with friendly nods, verbal greetings and smiles at a safe distance.
3) Pray as a group, but don’t hold hands. Use common sense in “social distancing.”
4) Remain home if you have any signs of illness.
5) Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
The decisions above are not reactions based in fear, but rather birthed out of love for the welfare of each one of you, your families, people in our cities with compromised immune systems, and respect for our governing authorities. This is how we love our neighbor during this uncertain time even if we don’t agree or feel these actions are extreme.
Please pray that God will use this time to turn the lost to Him and move the fearful to trust in God and live by faith. Hebrews 11:1
Please trust the power and providence of God through this time. Psalms 56:3